Sunday 6 October 2013

ohana means family and family means that nobody gets left behind.

I went to a christening today. I don't really like them, the church part anyway, but the after thingys alright. It was my cousins baby poppy and May i just state it now she's a gift to the earth. I have never really been religious or anything and it's not that I don't or do believe in him it's that I just don't have an opinion on the whole subject. Don't get me wrong I find the stories fascinating but I just don't really believe in them. So as you can tell the singing, the praying and the reading wasn't really my cup of tea however I sat through it all and mimed a few of the songs so hey ho, did my part. However through the whole of the event one of the vicars were staring at me as if to look down at me? Not very christianic behaviour, though she did have a poorly sowed rainbow on her long scarf so I forgave her for her minor sin. The after 'party' was nice seeing all the family together especially with some newly born additions to the family considering their lack of English language and the ability to chew food. But it was only till tody that I realised just how much I love my family. I mean we might just be the dingles in emerdale but we Shute know how to have a laugh. Moving aside the fact my farther had had 2 pints or larger before twelve but was also challenging my uncle to a 'who can take the most' compettion. Then again I did get a tenet out of it ' you owe me petrol money' .....  He didn't. 

No comments:

Post a Comment